If you would like to add content to your site, it doesn't get any easier then creating a new page. In this tutorial, we will show you how to do just that! Let's get crackin!
1. Login to your site as you normally would. On the upper right hand corner of your workbench, you will see "Pages", click on that.
2. On the left hand side of the the workbench, select "Create A New Page", because yes, that is what we are doing now. :-)
3. For this tutorial, we are going to keep things fairly simple, however, this technique is the most widely used among our clients. So you will see a wide selection of Page Layout's. We are going to select HTML, which should be toward the bottom.
4. After you have selected this, you will go to STEP 2, Page Information.
- Link Text - This is what you will see when it's added to a menu
- Permalink - this will be the URL for the page. For example if you just type in "new-page". Your URL for this page would be www.domain.com/new-page.html
- Page Header - Will be the title you see at the top of the page.
- Widget ID - This will create a widget that you can access this page from another page. For now, let's leave that blank.
5. For the next section of radio buttons, Leave that at the default selection but here is a brief description of some of the items, some of which is self explanatory.
- Public Or Private - Public means it's accesible to anyone, private, they have to know the specific URL for this page.
- New Window - The page will open in a new tab
- Print link - If you want people to have the option to print the page.
6. Meta Tags - This helps with SEO, meta tags will be anything that would be relevent to your page or site.
7. Menu Group - Select what menu group you would like this to be a part of. If you don't want it part of a menu group. Keep this option blank. If you want this new page as a part of a drop down selection, make sure you have the correct menu group associated with it.
8. To attach an album, you can do that, but this may need to be configured by Imavex.
9. For now, let's leave the advanced settings alone, more is coming on that in future tutorials.
That's really there is all to it! After you've created the page, you will open your web editor tools to style your page, have fun!